Our desire to offer our customers high-quality products and first class service is what motivates us day in and day out. Try us! Below we explain the additional material tests we are able to offer you and how we are able to guarantee high-quality products and services.
MATERIAL TESTING AND QUALITY ASSURANCE
Our company is certified to EN ISO 9001:2015. Our quality assurance and materials technology departments are responsible for monitoring quality standards and ensuring continuous improvements to our products, processes and services.
If you require a specific material test that has not already been performed and documented at the production site, our quality assurance staff will be glad to have the tests performed on the material for you. The tests themselves are fundamentally carried out by external material testing laboratories. That allows us to guarantee our customers that the tests are independent and avoid any potential conflict of interest. In concrete terms, that includes the following services:
- Third-party acceptance by recognized classification societies (DNV GL, TUV, ABS, RMRS, BV, RINA, etc.)
- Ultrasonic test
- Tensile test (at different ambient temperatures)
- Notch bend test (at different ambient temperatures)
- End quench test
- Hardness test (HB, HV, HRC)
- Non-destructive surface crack test (dye penetration test, magnetic powder test)
- Grain structure examination (grain size, degree of purity)
- Product analysis
Material procurement is a decisive factor in determining high product quality. Consequently, we work exclusively with suppliers that we have certified. Three-quarters of the material we stock is sourced from German or European steel works. Orders are placed in accordance with detailed delivery specifications, which are continuously updated by our materials technology department. This approach not only ensures that our products fulfil applicable standards (DIN/EN/ISO), but also that they have additional properties that vary from material to material. For example, the following properties are worthy of mention here:
- Mass fractions of selected alloying elements representing the pinnacle of standards specifications both improve the mechanical properties of materials and reduce the costs of heat treatment.
- Reducing damaging material components such as sulphur and oxygen increases the degree of purity and, as a consequence, the quality and durability of our customers’ products..
- Stress-relief annealing at the production site reduces the risk of material distortion, in particular during nitriding.
- Production in line with the guidelines of recognized classification societies (DNV GL, TUV, ABS, BV, RMRS, RINA etc.) facilitates acceptance in the maritime and industrial sectors.
- High strain rates guarantee the material successfully passes stringent ultrasonic tests already carried out at the production site, for example to EN 10308 Table 2 Class 4 or KV6000.
- Notch impact strength tests performed at temperatures below zero at the production site guarantee successful deployment in low temperature regions while saving you time and money because no subsequent tests are necessary.
From our point of view, first class service means fulfilling our customers’ diverse requirements and expectations quickly and efficiently. To do so, our members of staff combine our broad spectrum of raw materials, our diverse processing capabilities as well as other services to create an individual customer product.
That demands a high level of business and logistical understanding as well as sound technical knowledge. For that reason, our sales staff regularly receive advanced training in the fields of material technology, material processing and heat treatment.
Moreover, our staff have real-time access to information about production statuses, current stock levels, processing and delivery times etc.
That is guaranteed by our ultra-modern ERP software. For instance, it is possible to view rod lengths and weights as well as works test certificates together with all material properties for more than 30,000 rods at the press of a button.
Further yardsticks for our service quality include reaction and throughput times. For example, it often only takes a few days from the request for material until the component is ready to be installed. Delivery times previously known only for spare parts when machines were at a standstill have today become the standard for most orders.
Consequently, we have optimized our processes to ensure we satisfy our customers’ delivery requirements. For example, it normally takes less than 60 minutes for us to provide a quotation after receiving a customer request; orders are sent straight to production without delay. Our large number of high speed saws as well as state-of-the-art warehousing technology guarantee short production times so that the finished material is ready for dispatch or to be picked up within a few hours.